In-home Nursing Assistance for Stroke Recovery Patients in Vancouver
Naturally, you are worried about the full recovery and long-term health and well-being of your loved one who is recovering from a stroke. Seeking skilled and experienced in-home care help is critical to the recovery process and quality of life for the family.
Evergreen Nursing Care's expert team has provided support to numerous stroke recovery victims and their families across Vancouver, BC. We work closely with your loved one's medical team to provide thorough and professional care to the client while also supporting you and your family through the worry and stress.
We consult you every step of the way to create a care plan that is tailored to your circumstances and needs. Your care team may consist of care aides, Licensed Practical Nurses or Registered Nurses, depending on the level of medical nursing care required to support your loved one to the fullest recovery.
Let us take care of your loved one and your family. Learn more about how we can fulfill your home care needs, please call us at 604.264.7959 or contact us online.
Your stroke recovery in-home care plan may include
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry and Ironing
- Planning, preparing and cooking meals, including meals for clients with special dietary needs
- Grocery shopping and running errands
Bathing - There are several scenarios, depending on the client's physical ability:
- Having a nursing team member member present for extra precaution while the client showers or bathes
- Having the nursing team member setting up the bath/shower and standing by to assist, if necessary
- Actually giving the client a shower, bath or sponge bath
- Washing and setting hair
- Teeth/denture care
- Assisting with dressing
Helping the client to get on with their day:
- Wheelchair transfers and lift system management
- Speech therapy support
- Exercise programs and individualized stroke recovery programs
- Accompanying clients to appointments and rehab sessions
- Walks and other exercise and leisure activities
Assisting with Medication Compliance
- Reminding clients to take their medication
- Medication can be bubble-packed by your local pharmacy to track compliance
- Administering or supervising medication, eye drops and other medication
Having the support of experienced professionals allows you as the caregiver to take some time off knowing that your loved one is being care for in a loving and safe environment. Like you, our goal is to help your loved one to fullest recovery and to maintain independence at home for as long as possible.
Evergreen's in-home nursing care is available 24/7 with plans ranging from a minimum of 2 hours to 24-hour live-in care.
Let us put your mind at ease. Simply call us at 604.264.7959 and talk to a nursing consultant about your in-home stroke recovery care needs.