Professional Nursing Care for COPD, Respiratory Diseases In-Home Patients in Greater Vancouver
You may feel helpless and even frightened witnessing a loved one with lung disease fight for every precious breath. The experience is painful for the client, their family and takes a toll on the caregiver family member.
You can breathe easier with the expertise of Evergreen Nursing Vancouver's in-home respiratory disease nursing team. We work with you to examine your needs and determine your requirements.
Based on this thorough consultation, you choose the services that are best for your situation. The result is a care plan that fits the patient and your family. Over the years, families like yours across Vancouver have formed strong bonds with Evergreen's Care Aides who look after their loved ones. You can also rest assured knowing that experienced Registered Nurses are available to assist your Care Aide if and when necessary.
Let us take care of your loved one and your family. Learn more about how we can fulfill your home care needs, please call us at 604.264.7959 or fill out our online inquiry.
Your Respiratory Disease In-Home Care Plan May Include
Assisting with Medication Compliance:
- Reminding client to take medication
- Medication can be bubble-packed by your local pharmacy to track compliance
- Administering pre-measured medication, eye drops, inhalers, nebulizers and other medication
- Complete oxygen management, concentrator and gas management, cleaning and oxygen administration
Bathing - There are several scenarios, depending on the client's physical ability:
- Having a staff member present for extra precaution while the client showers or bathes
- Having the staff setting up the bath/shower and standing by to assist, if necessary
- Actually giving the client a shower, bath or sponge bath
- Washing and taking care of the hair
- Teeth/denture care
- Assisting with dressing
Getting on with their day:
- Accompanying clients to appointments and activities that may inclue
- Taking walks and participating in other exercise and leisure activities and programs
- Cardiac Rehab Program Management
- Providing companionship
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry and ironing
- Planning, preparing and cooking meals, including meals for clients with special dietary needs
- Grocery shopping and running errands
The respiratory disease patient in-home assistance is available on an hourly basis (2 hours min) or as a 24/7 live-in option.
Let us put your mind at ease. Simply call us at 604.264.7959 and talk to a nursing consultant about your in-home respiratory disease care needs.