In-home Nursing Care for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Patients
ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease, can strike at any time, any age, any sex or ethnicity. While this is a devastating disease for the patient, it also places a heavy burden on family members who live with and care for the person suffering from the condition.
When you take advantage of Evergreen Nursing Vancouver's in-home nursing service, our specially-trained caregivers provide medical, physical and psychological support, with dignity, for your suffering loved one while offering relief to your family.
How we can help you to care for your loved one with ALS
To alleviate caregiver burnout and stress on the family, Evergreen's in-home support care aides, Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses provide specialized assistance at each stage of the ALS disease. You can choose the level and type of help that you need for your situation.
- Bathing, grooming and dressing
- Taking client to appointments, walks and outings
- General activities that the client enjoys, such as music and reading
- Bowel and bladder routine
- Catheter care and changes
- Ambulation/ exercises/ active and passive programs
- Wheelchair transfers and lift systems
- Eye Care
- Medication supervision and administration
- Pain Control
- Specialized diets such as the use of thickeners, pureed meals or tube feeds
- Total Tube Feed Management
- General household management
- Meal preparation, advanced meal preparation
- Shopping and running errands
- Cleaning and tidying the home
- Laundry and ironing
As clients reach the end stage ALS we have a team of caring healthcare professionals who monitor and support clients living with ALS and their families. Our specially-trained Palliative Care team keeps your loved one comfortable in any care setting – at home, in a hospice or the hospital.
Let us put your mind at ease. Simply call us at 604.264.7959 and talk to a nursing consultant about your in-home ALS care needs.