In-home Nursing Assistance for Arthritis Patients in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland
Arthritis can be a seriously debilitating disease. Symptoms of joint pain, stiffness and decreased range of motion increase with age and impair the ability of arthritis sufferers to carry out their daily activities. Your loved one who has arthritis may require professional help to live as fully as possible.
Evergreen Nursing Vancouver can help. Our caregivers are professionally trained to support and assist your loved one to cope with arthritis as well as a range of other conditions. To begin, an Evergreen case manager, who is also a qualified nurse, consults with you to identify the issues being experienced by your loved one and then shapes an in-home care plan to suit your needs and budget.
Your service is supervised by your case manager and may include the assistance of a nursing aide or a licensed practical nurse. Your case manager also liaises with the medical team treating the arthritis and is always available to answer questions and listen to your concerns.
Your arthritis in-home assistance plan may include
Assisting with Medication Compliance:
- Reminding clients to take their medication
- Administering medication, eye drops, inhalers, nebulizers, narcotics and other prescribed medicines
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals
Help Getting on With Their Day:
- Accompanying clients to appointments and other daily activities
- Assisting with exercise programs -- active and passive
- Performing arthritis and relaxation massages
- Walks and other leisure activities
- Providing companionship and socializing
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry and ironing
- Planning, preparing and cooking meals (including meals for clients with special diets)
- Grocery shopping and running errands
Bathing and Grooming - Depending on your loved one's ability, this may include:
- Being within arm's reach in case the client needs help setting up or taking a bath
- Setting up the bath/shower for the client and then standing by to assist
- Actually giving the client a bath, shower or sponge bath.
- Washing and styling the client's hair
- Teeth and denture care
- Assistance dressing
- Help walking
- Help toileting
Any combination of these services will help your loved one to live with dignity and maintain independence at home for as long as possible. You can access the Arthiritis home care service on hourly basis (2 hours min) or opt for 24-hour live in home care.
Let us put your mind at ease. Simply call us at 604.264.7959 and talk to a nursing consultant about your in-home arthritis care needs.