In-home Nursing Care for Parkinson’s Disease Patients
Family members who take care of loved ones living at home with Parkinson's disease are highly susceptible to burnout as simple daily activities – grooming, eating and socializing -- become difficult for the patient. Adding to the stress, Parkinson's patients are susceptible to tripping and falling.
By engaging the Evergreen Nursing Vancouver in-home nursing service, your family gets a much needed break and your loved receives the best quality care from our compassionate and expert team of home support care aides, Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
How we can help you to care for your loved one who lives at home with Parkinson's
Your customized In-Home Nursing Care Plan will reflect the unique needs of your family and the Parkinson's patient. We provide services at each stage of the disease and your care plan may include elements of the following (and more, depending on needs and stage of the disease):
- Bathing, grooming and dressing
- Taking client to appointments, walks and outings
- General activities that the client enjoys, such as music and reading
- Bowel and bladder routine
- Catheter care and changes
- Ambulation/ exercises/ active and passive programs
- Wheelchair transfers and lift systems
- Eye Care
- Medication supervision and administration
- Pain Control
- Specialized diets such as the use of thickeners, or pureed meals
- General household management
- Meal preparation, advanced meal preparation
- Shopping and running errands
- Cleaning and tidying the home
- Laundry and ironing
Your Parkinson's in-home assistance is available on hourly basis, or you may opt for 24 hour live-in home care support. As clients reach the end stage of Parkinson's the Evergreen's specially-trained Palliative Home Care team monitors, supports and keeps your loved one comfortable whether at home, in a hospice or the hospital.
Let us put your mind at ease. Simply call us at 604.264.7959 and talk to a nursing consultant about your in-home Parkinson's disease care needs.