In-home Nursing Care for Heart Disease Patients in Vancouver
Having a loved one who is recovering at home from a heart attack, cardiac arrest, heart surgery or transplant surgery can be stressful for the entire family. In addition, the family member who is the primary caregiver may feel overwhelmed by the medical, social and other demands of the patient.
Help is at hand for you, your family and your loved one in need of care. Evergreen Nursing's in-home nursing service guides you through the process of assessing your situation and determining your needs in order to create a care plan that works for you. When you combine this with nurses specially trained to assist heart patients and compassionate caregivers who often form a strong bond with the family, you have an atmosphere that is optimal for recovery. Your care team, based on your needs, may include Care Aides, Licensed Practical Nurses or Registered Nurses.
Let us take care of your loved one and your family. Learn more about how we can fulfill your home care needs, please call us at 604.264.7959 or fill out our online inquiry form.
The heart disease patient in-home nursing assistance service includes:
Assisting with Medication Compliance:
- Reminding clients to take their medication
- Administering medication, eye drops, inhalers, nebulizers, narcotics and other prescribed medicines
- Complete oxygen management, concentrator and gas management, cleaning and oxygen administration
- Monitoring vital signs (blood pressure, temperature and respirations)
- Infection control and universal precautions for cardiac and transplant surgical clients
- Wound management and pain control, including visits from a Registered Nurse
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals
Bathing - There are several scenarios, depending on the client's physical ability:
- Having a staff member present for extra precaution while the client showers or bathes
- Having the staff set up the bath/shower and standing by to assist, if necessary
- Actually giving the client a shower, bath or sponge bath
- Washing and taking care of the hair
- Teeth/denture care
- Assisting with dressing
Getting on with their day:
- Accompanying clients to appointments and during activities. This may include
- Going for walks and participating in other exercise and leisure activities and programs
- Cardiac Rehab Program Management
- Providing companionship
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry and ironing
- Planning, preparing and cooking meals (including meals for clients with special diets)
- Grocery shopping and running errands
Any combination of these services will help your loved one to live with dignity and maintain independence at home for as long as possible. You can access the heart disease home assistance service on hourly basis (2 hours min) or opt for 24-hour live-in home care.
Let us put your mind at ease. Simply call us at 604.264.7959 and talk to a nursing consultant about your in-home heart diease care needs.